RSS
Loading...

Best Programming Languages to Learn as a New Programmer

As a new programmer there might often be doubts as to which languages to learn and where to start, I remember I was like that too. I was very interested in learning how to program software but ended up in website development. I am still pursing it though, to be able to program software. Okay here is my recommendation as which languages to learn as a new programmer.
If I was a new programmer today I would learn JavaScript if I have some interests in website development as well. I think JavaScript provides a good introduction to programming; it’s quite a simple language to learn but gave me a lot of headache while I was learning it.
It has lots of functions as well. PHP would be good for a new beginner but it would require that you learn some client side scripting such as HTML, JavaScript. I found it very easier to learn once I knew how to code in HTML and JavaScript. JavaScript is a scripting language it’s used together with HTML, it can be used to perform a lot of background actions such alerting the visitor. HTML is used to display text/data in a browser however JavaScript can also be used to display data. XML is also a good language to learn as a beginner it’s a very simple language and you only have to learn the structure and rules you make up your own structure. I wrote a simple article on xml here. XML is used to structure, store and describe data. It’s really just text which falls the xml standard. I think if you learn XML, HTML will be easier or the other way round either will come easier if you learn the first. I first learnt JavaScript while I was learning HTML then I went on to XML and XSL. I learnt the basic in XSLT for XSL. After that I learnt PHP and ASP, Ajax and so on.

For software development a good start I would recommend is to learn C/C++ both are similar. C++ was derived from C, so learning C++ you’ll be learning C. I learnt the basics of C but it was quite challenging and this was my first major learning in software development. 










I think learning JavaScript as a first language even if you’re not interested in website development would give you a good advantage. The code structure falls a very standard structure of programming, so understanding other languages logical becomes very simple.
That’s how I learnt programming, How did you become a programmer and what routes did you use. Leave a comment below.




0 Responses to "Best Programming Languages to Learn as a New Programmer"

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 | Flash News Converted into Blogger Template by HackTutors